How do you recognise the quality of SOLA long tapes?
When it comes to the precision of our SOLA long tapes, the workmanship we put into our high-quality steel tape always measures up. Our long tapes have multiple coatings, offering you optimum corrosion protection, buckling prevention and rigidity.
All SOLA long tapes correspond to either Class I or Class II according to EC standards. This allows SOLA to guarantee the utmost precision in measuring.
Since 30th October 2006 the Directive 2004/22/EC of the European Parliament is
applied by all member states of the Euopean Union and the EEA. This directive
contains the procedures, under which manufacturers of measuring tools have to
declare the conformity to the specification.
Note the following markings:
1. Nominal length of the measuring device
3. Year of manufacture
4. Mark from Office of Weights and Measures
5. Accuracy class
6. Manufacturers name or registered indentification mark
SOLA steel tapes are made of high-quality steel with a high carbon content and are
thoroughly coated, first with a colour coating and then a clear coating. This provides
optimal protection against corrosion.
A special additional polyamide blade coating combines the stiffness of steel with the
high break resistance of a glass fibre blade.
GLASS FIBRE BLADE
The secret lies in the right balance between quantity and quality in the glass fibres.
Low-quality glass fibres stretch easily since they contain too few individual fibres.
SOLA uses only the best quality.
FRAME TAPE MEASURE
The tape is built into an open frame. There are three main types of frames:
- Y-frames: High-quality, stabile aluminium frame. Designed for longevity and toughness.
- V-frames: Durable plastic frame. Light and easy to use.
- Simple frames: High-quality aluminium frame. Light and easy to use.
CASE TAPE MEASURE
The tape has been enclosed in a case. This provides maximum protection against dirt and damage. The housing of the SOLA models Explorer, Sprinter, Futura and Satellite was developed according to the most up-to-date ergonomic principles. The unique and handy design of the Futura handle has been
TAPE MARKINGS/TAPE WIDTH
SOLA offers tapes with different marking divisions:
- Marking in mm: On one side, marking in mm throughout in black
(numbers and graduations)
- Marking in cm: On one side, marking in cm throughout in black
(numbers and graduations) and red (m)
BLADE ENDING TYPES
- Blade ending A: The zero point is 10 cm behind the ring/hook.
- Blade ending B: The zero point is at the end of the hook fixture.
- Blade ending C: The zero point is at the outside of the ring.
MULTI-FUNCTIONAL END HOOKS
All long steel tapes from SOLA have a multi-functional end hook. It is very versatile
and its universal steel claw allows it to be used for tension measurement.